- Organisation Visitor Attraction
- Job Type Casual
Seasonal Contract: 10th Feb 2018 – 1st Jan 2019
Hours: Rolling two week rota: Includes alternate weekends and bank holidays. Hours vary depending on the season.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcome all visitors, schools and other groups visiting Hever Castle and to encourage visitors to engage with the exhibitions and activities.
- Excellent customer service; providing a friendly, helpful and approachable service observing at all times the principles of visitor care as defined by Hever Castle Ltd.
- Provide accurate and informative information to help all visitors enjoy their visit.
- Ensure visitors with special needs are offered appropriate and relevant assistance.
- Ensure all customers are offered appropriate guide books
- Participate in visitor events as and when required (this may involve wearing a period costume).
- Actively sell and promote the benefits of membership to paying visitors in order to increase the membership base.
- Keep up to date with relevant policies and practices and issued by Hever Castle Ltd.
- Acquire a good knowledge of Hever Castle and Gardens, its history and events programmes.
- Help to maintain an attractive, clean and tidy environment.
- Ensure that all accounting procedures, daily and weekly are handled in accordance with Hever Castles policies and procedures, so that all audit requirements are adhered to.
- All transactions (cash, cheque and credit/debit card) are effectively handled following cash handling, cashing up and reconciliation procedures accurately.
- Be responsible for balancing takings at the end of the day in accordance with the current security and administrative procedures. Take all reasonable precautions as directed to keep cash, documentation, other valuables and equipment secure.
- Complete all necessary records and documents legibly and correctly.
- Ensure the general health and safety of visitors and employees.
- Ticket admissions on entry using the EPOS tills and scanned membership cards.
- Ensure every paying visitor undertakes the visitor survey.
- Undertake a visitor exit survey as and when required.
- Ensure that all visitors receive a visitor leaflet and any other information about the site or event.
- Dealing with visitor enquires on day to day basis either face to face, or via the telephone.
- Car parking -Ensuring the efficient flow and careful parking of all visitors, as directed by the Visitor Experience Supervisor.
- Litter picking and collecting and disposal of rubbish.
- Meeting and greeting groups on arrival and escorting in through the main entrance into the grounds.
- Water Maze set up and supervision; ensure the safe use of the Water Maze and its up keep.
- Checking for hazards throughout the grounds, reporting any litter and maintenance requirement to the Duty Manager.
- Monitoring and maintaining cleanliness of the toilet facilities throughout the day, completing checklist, reporting to Duty Manager if any major cleaning is required.
- Ensuring all areas are secure at the end of the day, and reporting any problems such as vandalism, unpaid entry, or anti-social behaviour.
- Assisting with event and education workshops.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Good basic education with evidence of competencies in numeracy and literacy.
- Knowledge of, Hever Castle’s estate and history.
- Persuasive selling skills
- Well organised
- Good team worker
- Customer focussed
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Proven self-motivator
- Able to cope with varying pressures
- Customer service experience
- Sales and working to targets (desirable)
- Used to dealing with the public in face-to face situations
- Cash handling (desirable)
- Experience of working in the heritage sector or at a visitor attraction (desirable)
Hourly pay rate: age 25 and over is £7.50 increasing to £7.75 on completion of successful probation, under 25s start at £7.05 increasing to £7.30.
All salaries are reviewed each April.
Please mention tourism-jobs.co.uk when applying for this job.