- Salary £20,500 per annum pro rata
- Organisation Visitor Attraction
- Job Type Fixed Term, Part Time
Job Title: Visitor Assistant
Salary: £20,500 per annum, pro rata
Salary Band: D2
Contract Type: Fixed Term until 31st March 2019
Number of Posts: Numerous
Type of Post: Concurrent
Hours: 7 hours per week
Closing date: 25/02/2018 at 23:59
Our team of Visitor Assistants welcome visitors into and around the Palace of Westminster. We are proactive, creative and customer focussed, providing information and supporting Managers in the day to day delivery of Visitor Services during Commercial Opening Days. This will take place within a shift structure that includes weekend work.
Please note that a percentage of each shift will involve outdoor work in all weather conditions with prolonged periods standing on your feet.
On any given day the post holder could be based in one of three areas:
- In and around the Palace of Westminster ensuring visitors are entering the building efficiently, are in the correct place to start their tour and making sure tours are departing on time.
- Based along the visitor route providing information and managing the flow of visitors.
- In the Ticket Office proactively selling tickets and guidebooks to visitors via a computerised booking system or managing the queue for tickets.
Also any other duties as and when new facilities or services are introduced.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
Experience of providing excellent customer service in a pressurised visitor/customer service environment.
Experience of dealing with the public, and upholding the principals of equality, diversity and inclusion.
Experience of exercising sound judgement in dealing with a difficult situation.
- Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
- Civil Service Pension scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Child care voucher scheme
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description – Visitor Assistant D2.docx
Please mention tourism-jobs.co.uk when applying for this job.