- Salary £30,756 pro-rata per annum
- Organisation Tourist Board
- Job Type Fixed Term, Part Time
|Contract Type||Fixed Term (up to 3 years)|
|Section||Community, Partnerships & Customers|
|Annual Salary||£30,756 pro-rata per annum|
|Hours||22.5 per week|
The Tourism Development Officer will be responsible for delivering tourism business development initiatives from the Visitor Economy Strategy and Action Plan; supporting local tourism businesses and visitor attractions to reach their full potential.
This is a brand new post which is required to help realise the full potential for tourism in the district. We have great products as well as emerging business and attractions that range from: needing that little bit of help to showcase themselves; through to helping new and creative businesses to develop and flourish.
The post requires you to:
- Understand the local tourism business industry, through analysis and management of performance measures on tourism and visitor attractions. Consider the area’s strengths and weaknesses and produce a plan for developing product and promotion across a range of marketing platforms.
- Be an energetic and active facilitator for local business, visitor events and attractions to improve B2C service quality and encourage local B2B collaboration, including a local Tourism Advisory Board.
Who are we looking for?
You will have sound experience in engaging tourism or related businesses and attractions, using creative and innovative ways to build business confidence in developing themselves, from a potentially basic position.
You will keenly understand the need to have solid foundations in this work and show how you have measured and supported sustainable growth of the visitor and tourism industry.
Helping the area realise its potential as a regional and international destination is essential to ensuring local business can make best use of initiatives, near and far. Experience of working in or alongside destination management organisations is essential.
We have a strong sense of partner and community collaboration at Selby District Council. You will be comfortable in working with a variety of partners, building relationships across business, visitors and the community alike to shape effective cross working arrangements.
A degree or significant experience in this field of work is essential with demonstrable experience and up to date specialist knowledge of supporting the sector.
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more, please contact Angela Crossland, Head of Community, Partnerships & Customers, on 01757 292312.
Please note that CVs are not accepted.
Applications for Job Share will be considered sympathetically.
Selby District Council is an equal opportunities employer.
Please mention tourism-jobs.co.uk when applying for this job.