The Marketing Officer is responsible for the achievement of The Embassy Theatre’s marketing targets and objectives, with particular reference to driving ticket sales through effective campaign delivery and management. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will thrive on the challenge of marketing a full and varied programme and demonstrate ability to shape campaigns, audience communication and engagement that will help The Embassy to continue to grow.
The successful candidate will have energy, enthusiasm, creativity and impeccable attention to detail. They will be committed to bringing high quality Theatrical Entertainment to the widest audiences.
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week.Usual hours Monday to Friday but will need to work flexibly and be available for occasional evenings and weekends Hours of work will be in accordance with business requirements.
Responsible to: Theatre Programme Manager Team
Relationships: Working closely within a small dedicated, professional administrative and operational team with responsibility for coordinating all marketing and publicity activity a close working relationship with Box Office sales team.
Main terms & conditions of employment: £18,599.00 per annum (negotiable dependent on experience/skill set.) You will also benefit from some of the best terms and conditions in the leisure field including a voluntary membership of a defined benefits career average pension scheme plus free use of Magna Vitae’s fitness suites and swimming pools. 20 days annual leave plus statutory holidays
Special Requirements: EQUALITY & DIVERSITY: The post holder is required to carry out their duties in a way that supports Magna Vitae’s Equality & Diversity Strategy. HEALTH & SAFETY: The post holder will take all reasonable care of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions. All actions must be conducted in accordance with Magna Vitae’s Health and Safety Policy & Commitment Statement. SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN & ADULTS: Magna Vitae have a duty to promote the welfare of, and safeguard children and adults at risk. The post holder is required to comply with the company Safeguarding Policy.
Work Location: Embassy Theatre, Skegness
Type of Contract: Full Time / Permanent / Exclusive. Post subject to a 6 month probationary period. The activities described below may be varied from time to time to meet the needs of the company.
The following duties are not exhaustive but merely indicate the work range and core content of the post. The post holder may be required to undertake further relevant duties. The duties are not arranged in priority order.
KEY DELIVERABLE CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT
To deliver creative and effective campaign management from start to finish across all channels, including digital media advertising, direct mail, outdoor, radio, press and sales promotions.
In collaboration with external producers/promoters and the Embassy Team execute and manage campaigns for shows and hospitality events to achieve agreed financial targets.
As directed by the Embassy Programme Manager, oversee production of the season brochures: ensure collation of all information; write engaging copy, brief the team and proof the publication. All copy writing and proof reading to be delivered to an excellent standard Include campaign development to support all activities of The Embassy Theatre and Embassy Theatre Academy to ensure maximum attendance, engagement and participation.
- To co-ordinate mail-outs, printing labels, mail sort preparation both internally and in liaison with mailing houses
- Awareness of current data protection legislation
- To use the available system to report on previous events and use the information to analyse trends
- Supporting the theatre’s website management through accurate sales information, effective copywriting and enhanced content to maximise ticket sales
- Increase venue’s online presence through theatre blog sites, with reviews and exclusive content
- Responsibility for planning of digital and social media, to include website, emails and social to help deliver growth in-line with marketing objectives.
- Increase the size of the mailable database working alongside the Box Office Sales Team
- Responsibility for the up-keep of the website ensuring information is correct and up-to-date, adding new information and events, keeping the news section fresh with stories and dynamic content.
- To place advertising in local, national and specialist press as appropriate
- Take advantage of ad-hoc advertising opportunities in annual guides and tourism publications
- Work with outdoor advertising companies to agree and action suitable campaigns for The Embassy Theatre brand and individual shows
- Ensure best and added value budget spending at all times showing potential return on investment
- Arrange and attend press nights/ seasonal launches for the Embassy Theatre and visiting productions
- Arrange photo calls and interviews to further the press coverage of individual shows and the theatre in general
- Ensure that all local press contacts are kept up to date with press releases, editorial requests listings information and invitation to events.
- To represent the Embassy Theatre at external events, on occasion
- To work closely with the Front of House/Promotions Manager and Sales team to reach and engage new audiences in key postcodes areas to retain, grow and strengthen ticket sales.
- To support initiatives for memberships and increasing sales of Embassy Theatre Vouchers at key selling points throughout the year
- Along with The Front of House/Promotions Manager – develop and establish relationships with local businesses to support cross promotion that will increase ticket sales.
- Review competitor offering and communications on a regular basis to maintain a strong competitive advantage. Miscellaneous
- To be fully conversant with current fire, evacuation & emergency procedures at all times
- To undertake any training opportunities
- Maintaining the Magna Vitae Embassy Theatre standards of Customer Care
- Build and maintain strong working relations with promoters, agents, internal customers and suppliers.
- Exercise total confidentiality, discretion and integrity regarding information acquired through the company Spextrik system training and First Aid training will be given on appointment of the role
- Candidates are required to explain how they meet each of the following criteria. This should be done using the blank section of the application form.
- As well as using relevant experience gained from present or previous employment, you can also draw on any skills from community or voluntary work, leisure interests and the home. For each requirement please also state how you have gained the skills and experience necessary to do the job.
- Remember – Assumptions will not be made about the skills and experience you have. If you do not tell us, we do not know. The company may use appropriate testing as part of the selection process.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & KEY CRITERIA
1 year minimum experience of marketing/pr in an entertainment/tourism environment E
A high level of communication skills and an excellent manner when dealing with the public, stakeholders and industry E
Experience of Industry Ticketing Systems and Arts Software programs D
The ability to perform well as part of a team and take on a lead role in projects as and when required E
Excellent creative writing and proof reading skills E
A high level of organization, administration and record keeping skills E
Fully computer proficient, connected on social media and tech savvy E
Photo editing, Design Layout, Adobe/Photoshop experience D
Experience of budgeting D Excellent written and verbal communication skills E
Qualifications/ Training A good general standard of Education – Literacy and numeracy appropriate to the post E
A recognized arts based marketing qualification D
Ability to demonstrate a good standard of business acumen D
Personal Qualities Strong interpersonal skills E
A pro-active and positive approach to solving problems in a prompt and independent manner E
Hardworking, persistent and dependable E
Arts, Entertainment, Local Tourism – contemporary culture – particularly live entertainment and leisure time interests D
Ability to be flexible to business needs and work calmly and effectively under pressure. E
A good sense of humor E
FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT MAGNA VITAE AND THE EMBASSY THEATRE
The Embassy Theatre is a 1200 seat Live Professional Entertainment venue on the East Coast of Lincolnshire set prominently on Grand Parade in the Seaside Destination Resort of Skegness.
The programme is varied; year-round and the venue accessible and flexible receiving West-End touring productions with casts of 50+ through to stand-up comics.
Although primarily a receiving house the Embassy Theatre produces its own professional Pantomime and Technical coproduction on-behalf of community theatre groups.
In addition to the Main House activity the Embassy Theatre Box Office provides a Tourist Information hub for the town bringing additional opportunity for tourism and marketing links.
The Embassy Theatre Academy has approximately 80 students who attend weekly stagecraft, musical theatre and dance classes within the Embassy Arts Room Studio. This space also hosts daily leisure and fitness classes from our neighboring colleagues at The Embassy Swimming Pool and Fitness Suite.
Please mention tourism-jobs.co.uk when applying for this job.