- Organisation Visitor Attraction
- Job Type Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Deep Sea World, Scotland’s National Aquarium. We are looking for an experienced Sales & Marketing professional to join our Management Team. Just as our attraction is unique so is this marketing role and we are looking for an original and creative individual to support this attractions continued success!
About the Role
The role will involve:-
- Planning, implementation and administration of Deep Sea World’s marketing.
- Developing the Digital Online and Social Media Strategy for Deep Sea World and work closely with the online digital marketing agency to ensure campaigns are delivered on time and have the desired impact.
- Overseeing everything from leaflet distribution and press coverage, to PR events and website updates to ensure maximum exposure of Deep Sea World as a must see attraction and spreading the excitement, fun and educational aspects that are part of our visitor experience.
- Working with the General Manager to enhance marketing activity, set up agreements and drive group ticket sales from schools, business partners and tourist centres in the local vicinity.
- Reviewing the on-going success of the marketing strategy, you’ll make adjustments as necessary to help us to hit our targets and secure continued interest for the future.
- Developing and implementing seasonal campaigns and events and manage our print and design and direct marketing agencies alongside brand guidelines, agreeing objectives and ensuring maximum cost efficiencies.
This is a full time post which involves working 5 days a week and often includes working weekends and Bank Holidays. A full driving licence is essential. The successful applicant will form part of Deep Sea World’s management team and will therefore be involved in duty management and occasional operational responsibilities.
We are looking for an individual with a head full of bright ideas, a strong marketer who has had previous
experience in a similar role. Your flair for networking, communicating and building strong, lasting relationships across the business will set you apart.
You will have to be an organised, creative and confident communicator not to mention driven and up to date with the market.
You will have some experience of working across a variety of marketing disciplines and will ideally have a marketing qualification.
About the benefits
Alongside a competitive salary, you can look forward to a great benefits package which includes 22 days holiday per year, rising to 25 days holiday after 3 years service, a pension scheme, discounts in our shops and restaurants and free entry to all our 65 leisure attractions! Perhaps the biggest benefit of joining us is the exciting opportunities for career development.
If you have the attributes, experience and enthusiasm we are looking for please apply with covering letter along with your CV, outlining your salary expectations to Janeen Yates, Group HR Manager, c/o Blue Planet Aquarium, Cheshire Oaks, Cheshire, CH65 9LF. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aspro Parks is a Spanish multinational company with this headquarters based in Madrid. Aspro owns and operates over 65 leisure attractions across Europe. Here in the UK Aspro owns and operates Blue Planet Aquarium, Deep Sea World, Bristol Aquarium, four Blue Reef Aquariums, Smugglers Adventure and Oakwood Theme Park.
Aspro Parks is committed to Equal Opportunities
Closing Date: Sunday, 25th February 2018
We do recognize the time and effort it takes to apply for a position, but as an employer of choice we receive a high volume of applications and in the interests of economy, Aspro UK does not notify candidates who have been unsuccessful in their application; consequently if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Work Location: Deep Sea World, North Queensferry, Fife, KY11 1JR
Please mention tourism-jobs.co.uk when applying for this job.