- Salary £22,506 - £24,510 per annum pro rata
- Organisation Museum
- Job Type Part Time, Permanent
About the job
This is a part-time post (weekend – hours of work 21.6). The salary for this post will be pro-rated.
The London Borough of Hillingdon’s Museums, Archives and Local Studies service currently manages the Battle of Britain Bunker and the Borough’s archives at Uxbridge Library. These are exciting times though, with a brand new visitor centre for the Bunker due to open to the public on 30th March 2018, and work about to commence on a brand new borough museum at St Andrew’s Park.
The Museum Supervisor will have responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the Battle of Britain Bunker site at weekends, including security and health and safety provision; care of the buildings and grounds; and front of house provision including reception, bookings, and customer service standards.
Reporting to the Senior Curator, the Museum Supervisor will be expected to maintain high standards of customer service and a clean, safe and inviting environment for visitors. The role also requires close collaboration with the Operations Officer, as well as volunteers, external partners and contractors.
About the person
We are looking for a hard working, conscientious self-starter. The successful candidate will have a track record of delivering excellent customer service; demonstrably high levels of initiative; and a friendly, helpful demeanour. Experience of working with volunteers is also important.
For further information contact Daniel Stirland: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years’ service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Please mention tourism-jobs.co.uk when applying for this job.