- Salary £29,000 - £32,000 per annum
- Organisation Tourist Board
- Job Type Fixed Term
Do you have experience in marketing and communications? Do you have previous experience of working with a wide range of customers? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Visit Cambridge & Beyond (VCB) is the official tourism service for Cambridge and the surrounding area and a Membership organisation with over 300 Members representing a broad range of tourism businesses.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and passionate Marketing, PR and Communications Executive to join our expanding team. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to manage and co-ordinate all VCB’s marketing and communications activity.
The right candidate will need to demonstrate exceptional communication skills, be self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative and be comfortable working under pressure and to targets. We are looking for someone who is analytically focused and able to make data-driven recommendations, but also someone who isn’t afraid to think outside of the box.
As our Marketing, PR and Communications Executive, you will need to:
- Develop, manage, co-ordinate and deliver the Visit Cambridge & Beyond (VCB) PR and Communications plan, both B2B and B2C
- Work with both partners and stakeholders to create, support and deliver consumer marketing campaigns, which deliver against VCB’s strategic objectives
- Deliver press office activities for both consumer and trade PR at a local, regional and national level to include the management of press familiarisation trips
- Actively promote, through all available channels, all aspects of VCB’s core business i.e. guided tours, third party ticket sales and VCB membership, to support and grow the business of VCB
- Monitor al VCB digital platforms daily, to ensure that content is updated, engaging, accurate and relevant
- Research, compile and circulate destination performance stats to VCB members
- Set up robust evaluation methods to monitor VCB marketing activity, to track successes and to highlight any areas of development
- Support the Commercial Manager in the development of the VCB membership scheme, printed publications and the website, in response to the needs of the members, and to deliver income targets and growth
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of working with a wide range of customers
- Have experience in marketing and communications
- Have experience of using multi-channel marketing tools
- Show evidence of a results driven approach and working to targets
- Demonstrate a good track record of copywriting experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of current trends in digital marketing
- Have experience of media relations
If you feel that you have the skills for this role, please get in touch with us.
Please send a letter outlining your interest in the role and an up to date CV to Becky Roberts Becky.Roberts@visitcambridge.org
The closing date is 5pm on Monday 23rd April l 2018.
£29,000 – £32,000 per annum
Fixed term contract 12 months (with the potential for an extension)
Full time role, however a job share option might be considered for suitable candidates
Please mention tourism-jobs.co.uk when applying for this job.