- Salary £18,000 pro rata
- Organisation Other
- Job Type Part Time
Part-time – 21-25 hours per week
£18k per annum pro rata depending on experience + benefits (including sales bonus)
- Recruiting new members to sign up to the Visit Buckinghamshire website
- Nurturing relationships with existing members to ensure they renew their membership
- To maintain a vibrant and up to date website so that it becomes the ‘go to’ for visitors and local residents
- To ensure Visit Buckinghamshire has an active presence on all social media channels
- Management of the website listings which includes accommodation, attractions, and restaurants across Buckinghamshire and the Chilterns.
- Ensure content on the website is relevant, up to date and consumer led.
- Identify areas of development/improvement for the website across all market segments
- Ensure national and local tourism campaigns, plus themes such as Christmas/Easter have a presence on the Visit Buckinghamshire website which includes promotional activities to.
- Develop itineraries which can be included on the website, examples of which include cycling tours, brewery tours etc.
- Telesales and networking to increase the membership by identifying and signing up new members
- Identify and create a cross referral process for membership between Buckinghamshire Business First and Visit Buckinghamshire
- Develop and enthuse the existing membership, identify members who have the potential to upgrade their memberships or co-invest, and ensure members renew.
- Management of the social media content plan for the website to ensure Visit Buckinghamshire has an active presence across all channels
- Attendance at national exhibitions to increase the exposure of Buckinghamshire
- Ability to multitask and manage various different functions at once
- Ability to absorb information and data from multiple sources
- Ability to handle pressure well
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks/ projects
- Highly computer literate with an excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and general understanding of website and social media platforms.
- Able to work independently to support all members of the team.
- Excellent attention to detail and a quality conscious approach are essential
- Good verbal and written communication skills
The person fulfilling this role is likely to be self-starting, imaginative, diplomatic, persuasive and self-confident. A degree of Independence, activity and creativity are also factors likely be important.
- Web content management & development
- Business engagement
- Sales experience
- Digital and new media
Driving licence with access to a car with business insurance required.
This role will be based at our offices in Aylesbury Buckinghamshire, however regular visits to our Saunderton office will be required.
To apply please download and complete the application form and email email@example.com with a covering letter and CV or write to HR Department, Buckinghamshire Business First, The Saunderton Estate, Wycombe Road, Saunderton, HP14 4BF.
Please mention tourism-jobs.co.uk when applying for this job.