Geopark Marketing Officer
Be part of an international project implementing the Atlantic Geopark Interreg V Atlantic Area programme.You will have a strong interest in the development of rural sustainable tourism and the enthusiasm and ability to engage in partnership working with our trans national partners. Experience in project management in tourism is essential to develop and successfully market the project and work collaboratively within the Tourism Team.
£25,951 – £27,668
Fixed Term – 31st October 2019
Closing date: 25th September 2017
Interviews: 4th October 2017
To lead on the marketing of the Geopark primarily through direct project activity such as ICT communication tools (including AR/VR apps, videos, etc) as well as printed materials in close cooperation with the Geopark Development Officer and BBNPA’s Communications Team.
- To work with BBNPA’s Communication Team as well as local partners such as Brecon Beacons Tourism on developing the Geopark’s social media and web profile.
- To engage with the destination’s PR Agency to enhance the profile of the project and of Fforest Fawr Geopark in third party publications.
- To work with transnational partners to develop the partnership’s international marketing profile.
- To work with the Geopark Development Officer on the development of the Geopark Handbook.
- To work with the Geopark Development Officer in delivering a series of business training and community engagement events.
- To contribute towards the Geotourism Monitoring Sys
Transnational Partnership Working
- To work with the Lead Partner and other transnational partners to implement the programmes transnationally.
- To work with the Sustainable Tourism Manager and Geopark Development Officer to provide BBNPA’s contribution towards the transnational programme –this will be a major focus of this post.
Administration and Monitoring
- To work with the Sustainable Tourism Manager and Sustainable Tourism Administrator in ensuring that programme administration and monitoring requirements are fulfilled in a timely and accurate manner and that the spending targets are being met.
- To assist the Sustainable Tourism Manager and Sustainable Tourism Administrator to produce the progress reports and financial evidence to make claims against the project.
- To ensure that the Interreg VB AA programme requirements and conditions are at all times complied with in the fulfillment of all duties.
- To attend meetings, seminars and conferences as required, including attending transnational project meetings involving overnight stays.
- To undertake any other duty, appropriate to the grade and nature of the post, as required by the Chief Executive.
How to apply
Click “Apply for this job” link below or download and complete the Application Form.