- Salary £25,000 to £27,000 per annum
- Organisation Other
- Job Type Full Time, Permanent
CAMRA’s Commercial Division consists of three teams – Events, Membership and Trading.
The Events Team has two main functions:
- Event Sales – to deliver the plans and activity that achieve commercial event targets
- Event Services – support the delivery of all commercial event activity
Reporting to the Senior Events Manager, the Marketing Officer will work within the Events team and be responsible for delivering event attendee targets and supporting marketing efforts across branch events when required.
• Create, develop and maintain a marketing plan aligned to the targeted number of visitors to events.
• Where possible, work with branch festival organizers and be responsible for driving and developing the promotion of CAMRA’s event proposition.
• Take a lead on the development and implementation of marketing initiatives for the Great British Beer Festival national event series to deliver the required number of attendees.
• Ensure that we are joined up in our approach to promoting festivals across areas such as
- Digital marketing
- Direct marketing
- Affiliate marketing
• Develop a strong working relationship with festival organisers and either:
- Develop and implement an agreed plan on behalf of the festival organiser OR
- Provide marketing support to help achieve the required number of attendees as and when the festival organiser requires it.
• Ensure a consistent look and feel is maintained across CAMRA’s events to support the CAMRA brand.
• Proactively manage partnerships with appropriate third party organisations that will bring direct benefit to CAMRA and its wider membership.
• Provide support for CAMRA’s Marketing & Festival committees.
• To work closely with various staff teams to ensure the efficient & effective delivery of all marketing initiatives.
• Develop and disseminate festival marketing reporting.
• Actively identify marketing and promotion opportunities.
• Manage all aspects of design, production, receipt and distribution of marketing material. (pre-event & onsite)
• Maintain and update website content for the national event series and festival hub.
• Manage the general events and national events marketing budget, and report monthly.
• Effectively manage suppliers in-line with agreed SLA and budgets.
• Any other reasonable duties as required by the line manager.
- Degree level education.
- Experience of working in a marketing function for an events team.
- Accountable for revenue targets.
- Drive to see ideas through from concept to completion.
- Excellent communication (both oral & written) and interpersonal skills.
- Good computing skills.
- Ability to function effectively within a small team and to remain calm under pressure.
- Experience of writing, managing and reporting on marketing plans.
- Owned and been responsible for specific tasks and targets.
- Experience of developing and managing external partnerships in the delivery of projects.
- External agency management.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload.
- Self-led with an ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Experience of working with volunteers.
- Experience of working with an online ticketing service e.g. Eventbrite
- Understanding of the Not for Profit environment.
- Experience of data analysis.
- Knowledge of, and an interest in the Beer & Pubs sector.
The job may include occasional weekend and evening work with time off in lieu being offered as compensation; a flexible approach to working hours is therefore essential.
Also, occasional travel to meetings and events in the UK may be required.
How to apply:
Please submit an up-to-date CV accompanied by a brief covering letter illustrating how you meet the key requirements laid out in the job description to; email@example.com
Please mention tourism-jobs.co.uk when applying for this job.