- Organisation Heritage
Deputising for Visitor Service Management, you will be the main person on site with responsibility for the smooth running of Visitor Attraction. The Duty Supervisor will be expected to work as part of the wider New Lanark Visitor Attraction team which includes New Lanark Trust staff, café & retail staff and a volunteer team.
This is a flexible role which covers a range of public facing duties including:
- Reception duties – meeting and greeting visitors and dealing with customer enquiries. Administering all bookings and cancellations and keeps up to date with current promotions and exhibitions
- Engaging with visitors as they explore New Lanark and enhancing their experience of the World Heritage site through delivery of themed guided tours and seminars
- Operating tills and ensuring all financial procedures for reception including safe and float checks are carried out on a daily basis and recorded in line with company policy.
- Reports any maintenance, repair, or hazard issues immediately to the Visitor Service Manager/Site Manager
- Ensures the reception area and exhibition areas are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Ensures departmental minimum standards of performance are adhered to at all times
- Adheres to Health and Safety policies that are in place at all times. Ensures awareness of risk assessments related to this role
- Any other duties reasonably requested
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Experience of working in a similar supervisory role
- Experience of working with members of the public
- Experience of working in / a desire to work in tourism and heritage Skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of cash handling and cash reconciliation essential
- Excellent IT skills; must be proficient in Excel and Word.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with audiences of all ages and abilities
- Polite, friendly and approachable
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good organisational skills and time management
- Must be flexible in approach to work and hours of work
- An interest in history is essential and some knowledge of Scottish / New Lanark history is desirable
Adherence to the following policies is essential:
- New Lanark Health & Safety Policy
- New Lanark Uniform Policy
- New Lanark Visitor Attraction Housekeeping Guidelines
Hours Variable – includes weekend and evening working Salary National Minimum Wage / National Living Wage applies.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to to: New Lanark Trust New Lanark Mills Lanark ML11 9DB firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: Monday 16 April 2018
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 23 April 2018
Please mention tourism-jobs.co.uk when applying for this job.