- Salary £30,000 - £32,000 per annum
- Organisation Museum
- Job Type Fixed Term
Assistant Venue Sales and Marketing Manager
Location: Covent Garden
Role: 18 month FTC
Salary: 30,000 – 32,000 per annum
A rich heritage. An iconic brand. No other capital city is defined and shaped so much by its transport as London. Based in the heart of Covent Garden, London Transport Museum and its collections are a window into the past, present and future of how transport keeps London moving, working and growing. Not only are we the world’s leading museum of urban transport, we are a spectacular backdrop for events – mixing old and new with dynamic displays of iconic posters, vintage vehicles and interactive displays.
Our Cubic Theatre has recently undergone a £500k AV upgrade to become DCI/DCP compliant, opening a new market for evening screening, and continues to be an industry leader for daytime business functions. The Museum Galleries are set in the original Victorian flower market and are filled with our collection of iconic red buses, trams and early tube carriages. This space can be hired for a range of events including dinners, receptions, product launches and Christmas parties.
Alongside the Museum we offer filming and photography opportunities at the Museum Depot in Acton, with plans to create meeting space here in the future.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will support the Venue Sales and Marketing Manager (VSMM) to promote and grow London Transport Museum’s (the Museum) venue hire business including corporate venue hire, commercial filming and photography at the Museum and the Depot at Acton. You will support the delivery of the venue hire strategy and these areas of the business to include the development of the commercial offer and operational planning.
Working with the team you will ensure that sales targets are met, aim to exceed these and ensure excellence of the venue hire offer.
You will also be required to deputise for the Venue Sales and Marketing Manager and will be expected to work out of hours during evenings and at weekends as required.
• Support & contribute to the development, implementation and delivery of the venue hire strategy. This will involve identifying markets, monitoring competitor activity and pricing, developing and marketing the offer, operational planning and review, setting and maintaining service levels to ensure strategic objectives are delivered on time and budget.
• Pro actively sell the Museum venues for events, filming and photography to a range of customers, responding to enquiries and delivering high quality customer service.
• Develop, support and deliver on-going sales pitches to existing and potential clients to attract repeat and new business and produce regular sales and evaluation reports for the VSMM.
• Assist in developing and delivering a marketing strategy to promote the venue hire and commercial filming offer, as part of the Museum’s brand offer. This includes writing promotional copy, assist in leading the production and distribution of effective marketing and sales material, online and social media, attendance at trade fairs and exhibitions, PR, advertising, promotions and Museum events.
• Ensure a high standard of satisfaction and customer service is delivered to all clients, from first enquiry stage through to event delivery and follow-up. This will include briefing Museum managers, operational teams and external suppliers to ensure they have the information and resources required to deliver events and service to a consistently high standard.
• Ensure up-to-date database management; target markets through online and print marketing campaigns for traditional and digital media; undertake reporting, market research and business intelligence
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• To be successful in this role you will have a good experience of working in a similar role in museums, visitor attractions, and hospitality or venue hire sectors.
• Experience of delivering marketing campaigns for venue sales, and meeting income targets.
• You will have commissioned work from external organisations and agencies and have strong sales experience.
• Good knowledge of MICE industry (Meetings, Incentive, Conference and Exhibitions) Marketing, PR and Sales and it would be desirable if you have an understanding of Unique Venues of London (UVL) consortium and other leading marketing consortiums
• Deep understanding of event management using external suppliers
• Good knowledge and experience of Artifax or another similar venue event management system/software.
• A deep understanding of the data protection act and the ability to manage high level events.
Please apply using your CV and a two page (maximum) covering letter. Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your CV and cover letter reflects the requirements of the role you are applying for. Short listing will be carried out on the basis of answers to any pre-screening questions and the information on your CV and covering letter.
The closing date for applications is 19th January 2017 @ 23:59
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
In return for your dedication and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area and role, but may include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient childcare payments
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
Please mention tourism-jobs.co.uk when applying for this job.